"We have been awarded four times at the European Business Awards for the Environment"
The European Business Awards for the Environment are organised biennially by the Directorate General for Environment of the European Union (DG ENV) promoted in Spain by the Ministry of Environment. These Awards recognise and reward those companies that stand out for their environmental performance and contribution to a sustainable economic development by management innovation, products and services, processes, international cooperation or combining business with biodiversity.
For A&B Laboratorios de Biotecnología the fact of being awarded in several editions is a great public recognition for the work and effort made as a team, which have adopted innovative solutions and have achieved benefits for the sustainable development.
In the last few years numerous awards have been obtained by our organisation. Amongst them, it is worth stressing the following:
- European Business Award for the Environment 2007-2008, Basque Country section in the category of “Management for a Sustainable Development” and special commendation for the “Product for the Sustainable Development” category
- Finalist at the 2008 Market Place of Corporate Social Responsibility
- First San Prudencio Foundation Award for good corporate environmental practises in 2008 and Corporate Social Responsibility in 2012
- The product “Enzymatic multi-purpose cleaner” (DD 456) is recognised as Best product of the year 2009 by ASELBI (Association of Cleaning Entrepreneurs of Biscay)
- European Business Award for the Environment 2009-2010, special commendation for the product “Disinfectant Cleaner” (DD 465) – Basque Country and Spain section
- European Business Award for the Environment 2011-2012, special commendation for the product “Machine Eco Detergent” (DD 474) – Basque Country section
- European Business Award for the Environment 2015-2016, Basque Country section in the category of Management for a Sustainable Development”
- European Business Award for the Environment 2017-2018 Basque Country and Spain sections in the category of Management for a Sustainable Development”
A&B Laboratorios de Biotecnología includes enzymes and microorganisms in their products to get so minimize the chemical load, substituting it for biological load that degrades organic matter.View products
Ecodesign means considering the environment during the process of product development. It is an added value, an addition to traditional factors of cost and quality factor.